Sunday Chops and Stuffing Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine water, celery, 6 tablespoons butter and onion. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Arrange over stuffing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss apples with brown sugar and pie spice; place over pork chops. Dot with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 600 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Sunday Chops and Stuffing
"I saut? the onions and celery in a large skillet, added the water and brought to a boil and poured over the stuffing mix that I had added poultry seasoning to. I put that in a oiled pan and followed the recipe as written. I did not expect to like this, thought it would be too sweet. it was very good and my husband loved it. Will definitely make again."
"Average flavor. Not making it again."
"I'm about the only one in the house who love pork chops. I made this anyway, everyone finished it. I didn't use the baking dish instead, after removing brown chops I sweated the onion and celery in the same pan. The assembled the stuffing in the pan also. then place it all in the oven. I'm always trying to eliminate extra clean up."
"Delicious! I marinated the chops in apple juice with 1T. apple cider vinegar before baking. They were moist and tender!"
"I made this for dinner last night and it was wonderful. I will definitely make this again."
"I made this last night and it was delicious!!!!! I doubled the recipe and didn't change any of the ingredients. Fabulous!!!!! Thank you!!!"
"We had this tonight & it was WONDERFUL! Because it was just the 2 of us, I halved it for 2."
"This is so yummy! Very flavorful, tender pork chops. I loved the roasted apples on top. I will definitely be making this again."
"Wonderful flavor! The butter really adds to the stuffing. It was very easy to prepare and I adjusted it for 2 very thick chops which I seasoned and steamed while I browned them. I asked my husband if this dish is a keeper and he held up his empty plate and smiled. Definitely a keeper!"