Sunday Chops and Stuffing Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine water, celery, 6 tablespoons butter and onion. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Arrange over stuffing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss apples with brown sugar and pie spice; place over pork chops. Dot with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 600 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Sunday Chops and Stuffing
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.