- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine water, celery, 6 tablespoons butter and onion. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Arrange over stuffing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss apples with brown sugar and pie spice; place over pork chops. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sunday Chops and Stuffing
Sort By :
"Delicious! I marinated the chops in apple juice with 1T. apple cider vinegar before baking. They were moist and tender!"
"I made this for dinner last night and it was wonderful. I will definitely make this again."
"I made this last night and it was delicious!!!!! I doubled the recipe and didn't change any of the ingredients. Fabulous!!!!! Thank you!!!"
"We had this tonight & it was WONDERFUL! Because it was just the 2 of us, I halved it for 2."
"Please only rate these recipes AFTER you have made a dish. It is not a "review" if you haven't made the dish and skews the results with one or 5 stars from someone who hasn't prepared the dish. I had to indicate number of stars to submit this."