This was my mother's favorite recipe for Sundayhence the name. It makes an excellent recipe for Sunday dinner, because it can be prepared ahead of time and left to bake while you attend church. The leftovers also freeze well.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soups, 1/4 cup
- butter and rice. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with
- chicken pieces. Drizzle chicken with remaining butter. Sprinkle with
- salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and rice
- is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 541 calories, 33 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,156 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.