Sunday Chicken Supper Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed. In a small bowl, combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top. Do not stir.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 510 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,262 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Reviews for Sunday Chicken Supper
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.