- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, celery and onion; sprinkle
- with rosemary. Add the chicken and hot broth. Cover and cook on low
- for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender, vegetables are tender and
- stew is bubbling.
- Remove chicken; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from the
- bones and discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces and return
- to the slow cooker. Stir in peas.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder,
- salt and rosemary. Combine the egg and milk; stir into dry
- ingredients. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto simmering chicken
- mixture. Cover and cook on high for 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the
- cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.