Sunday Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions; spoon down the center of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken around stuffing. Combine soup, milk and parsley; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sunday Chicken and Stuffing(6)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe, Charlotte. Thanks for sharing it! Next time, like another reviewer, I would use seasoned thighs. I prefer dark meat, too.
my grandduaghter likes nothing, but she loved this, thanks
I would use chicken thighs just because I prefer dark meat and I would season the chicken before putting in pan. Very good and easy to make.
I might make this again if the chicken pieces were cut smaller rather than left as breasts. As it was, they were rather large pieces of bland chicken. I think it might work just as well and be more flavorful to cook the chicken on the stovetop -- cutting it up into smaller pieces and adding seasonings -- then add the soup and serve with stuffing.
I first saw this recipe in the Quick Cooking issue - we've enjoyed it many times over the years. I love how easy it is to make, but it seems almost "company dinner" worthy - and my husband really likes it and has requested it when we haven't had it in awhile.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >