This was my mother's favorite recipe for Sunday—hence the name. It makes an excellent recipe for Sunday dinner, because it can be prepared ahead of time and left to bake while you attend church. The leftovers also freeze well.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soups, 1/4 cup butter and rice. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken pieces. Drizzle chicken with remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sunday Chicken in Reminisce July/August 1991, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sunday Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review