- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soups, 1/4 cup butter and rice. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken pieces. Drizzle chicken with remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sunday Chicken
"So easy to make, and it tasted great. Pure comfort food! I used a large package of drumsticks so it was ready in about an hour and a half."
"Great down-home flavor! And so simple for a busy night. This will be one of my favorite go-to recipes. Thanks for sharing!"
"So simple and delicious. Perfect when you have a busy day."
"Easy and delicious. Perfect to put in,the oven before church and return for a great dinner."
"One of my husband's favorite dishes! And very easy to make!"
"I have a hard to please husband and a two year old. They loved this! My son is more into the rice than the chicken, but this was SO delicious! The only thing I will do next time is season the chicken more, at my husband's request. It's so easy to throw together and so surprisingly good for so few ingredients."
"It wasn't quite up to my expectations partly because im not a big fan of condensed cream soups"
"This was so quick and easy to throw together and my family loved it."
"I had but lost this recipe years ago and am thrilled to find it again. Have tried similar variations but this is the best!!! I'm going to make it this weekend. Yum!"