- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soups, 1/4 cup butter and rice. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken pieces. Drizzle chicken with remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sunday Chicken
Sort By :
"So easy to make, and it tasted great. Pure comfort food! I used a large package of drumsticks so it was ready in about an hour and a half."
"Great down-home flavor! And so simple for a busy night. This will be one of my favorite go-to recipes. Thanks for sharing!"
"So simple and delicious. Perfect when you have a busy day."
"Easy and delicious. Perfect to put in,the oven before church and return for a great dinner."
"One of my husband's favorite dishes! And very easy to make!"