Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Remove and discard crust from bread if desired. Butter bread; cube and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese, sausage, red pepper and onions in order given.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the soup, milk, wine, mustard and pepper. Pour over bread mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 331 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Sunday Brunch Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.