Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sunday Brunch Casserole(25)
Sort By :
I am a TOH field editor and like this egg bake for its versatility and ease of prep! I like to add mushrooms and green onions or chives and some sweet red pepper instead of a green pepper-just like it more colorful! Definitely give this one a try!!
A very hearty breakfast. I've been requested to make this on several occasions. I generally have to keep it in the oven for about an hour-this is longer than what the recipe calls for.
Made this exactly as in recipe. Very disappointing because it reminded me of a very good cheesy potato dish I make frequently for parties. This dish was so bland and the texture unappealing that I can't even think how to tweak it other than replacing the potatoes with bread as in a strata. I would never make this again.
Me and my kids LOVE this recipe! I like how you can just mix all the ingredients, pop it in the oven and enjoy your morning while it bakes. I am making it again right now and I have added chopped leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and will be topping it with sliced avocado! YUM!
it certainly takes the worry out of cooking breakfast for large numbers. AND it's goooood.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >