Sunday Beef Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef and onions are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 375 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Sunday Beef Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.