Sunday Beef Stew Recipe
We had an aunt who served this special stew on every special occasion when we all got together. It brings back wonderful memories. The cinnamon adds a unique flavor.—Jeanette Lazary, Rochester, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef and onions are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC