Sunburst Spiced Tea
Our home economists use oranges and lemon to lend a lovely citrus flavor to ordinary black tea.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 teaspoons English breakfast tea leaves or other black tea leaves
- 4 cups boiling water
- Using a citrus zester, remove peel from oranges and lemon in long
- narrow strips. (Save fruit for another use.) Place the peel strips,
- cardamom and cloves in a large bowl. With the end of a wooden spoon
- handle, crush mixture until aromas are released.
- Add tea leaves and boiling water. Cover and steep for 6 minutes.
- Strain tea, discarding peel mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.