Grapefruit, banana, pineapple and peaches flavor this refreshing, satisfying summertime smoothie from our Test Kitchen. It makes a healthy treat any time of day at all.
If the Sun-Kissed Smoothie tempts your taste buds but you don’t want a lot of leftover fresh pineapple, feel free to substitute 1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits. And for more fabulous smoothie recipes, be sure to che
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened peach slices
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45
- seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.