Grapefruit, banana, pineapple and peaches flavor this refreshing, satisfying summertime smoothie from our Test Kitchen. It makes a healthy treat any time of day at all. TASTY TIP If the Sun-Kissed Smoothie tempts your taste buds but you don’t want a lot of leftover fresh pineapple, feel free to substitute 1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits. And for more fabulous smoothie recipes, be sure to check our Recipe Finder at www.lightandtasty.com.
- 3/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened peach slices
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Sun-Kissed Smoothies in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p7
Reviews for Sun-Kissed Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2011
"This is one of the best smoothie recipes I have tried. It is full of flavor!"