Sun Kernel Delight Recipe
This delightfully different cold pasta salad features apples, pineapple and sunflower kernels, which add a nice crunch. My family loves it.—Kelly Culp, Clinton, Ohio
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni, cooked and drained
- 6 medium apples, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, eggs and lemon juice; cook and stir over low heat until temperature reaches 160° and mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Fold in the macaroni, apples, pineapple and whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve; stir in sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sun Kernel Delight
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC