- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni, cooked and drained
- 6 medium apples, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, eggs and lemon juice; cook and stir over low heat until temperature reaches 160° and mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Fold in the macaroni, apples, pineapple and whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve; stir in sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sun Kernel Delight in Country Woman July/August 2001, p10
Reviews for Sun Kernel Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review