Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers Recipe
This recipe always brings back memories of my mom’s homemade sun-dried tomatoes in the summer. I’ve prepared it with ground beef and ground turkey. Either way, it’s fast and tastes great! —Sammy Staab, Pensacola, FL
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion in half. Finely chop one half and thinly slice the remaining half. Combine 1/2 cup feta, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, saute sliced onion in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray until tender. Serve burgers on buns with onion and remaining feta. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >