Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
This recipe always brings back memories of my mom’s homemade sun-dried tomatoes in the summer. I’ve prepared it with ground beef and ground turkey. Either way, it’s fast and tastes great! —Sammy Staab, Pensacola, FL
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion in half. Finely chop one half and thinly slice the
- remaining half. Combine 1/2 cup feta, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture
- and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°
- and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, saute sliced onion in a small nonstick skillet coated with
- cooking spray until tender. Serve burgers on buns with onion and
- remaining feta. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 1,073 calories, 46 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 1,518 mg sodium,