Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1. Cut onion in half. Finely chop one half and thinly slice the remaining half. Combine 1/2 cup feta, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute sliced onion until tender. Serve burgers on buns with onion and remaining feta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger: 1073 calories, 46g fat (14g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 1518mg sodium, 116g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 57g protein
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
"These burgers were so simple, yet so flavorful! We omitted the feta cheese and added provolone but the sun-dried tomatoes really made the dish. It was different and really 'classed' up a traditional burger!"
"Super easy to make and my family loved them! Will make it again and have added it to my 2 week menu rotation."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.