Sun-Dried Tomato Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion and garlic until blended. Stir in tomatoes and red peppers. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, Italian cheese blend and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with crackers. Yield: 28 servings (1/4 cup each).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Spread(21)
Sort By :
This recipe is wonderful! I did cut it in half and use an 8x8-inch pan, which worked better for my husband and me. I also added a tablespoon of homemade pesto...yum! The next time I'm asked to take an appetizer to a family gathering, this is what I'll be making!
Enjoyed this at a friend's last night. Enjoyed by all ages. Searched for the recipe as it was so good I want to take it to a potluck. Would not change a thing!
I did not read the previous reviews before making and was surprised at how much it made. Very delicious. My boyfriend kept sampling the cold mixture as I was making it and suggested that we try it cold without the cheese some other time that we make it.
Made just 1/2 of this recipe last night. It's very good. I agree it does make a huge amount. I would also suggest cutting back on some of the mayonnaise. I switched the mozzarella cheese for a Italian blend and I added additional chopped up sun_dried tomatoes. Its an excellent spread. Very eye appealing and will compliment many types of crackers. It's even better the next day.
Mostly cheese so it didn't have much flavor to it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >