- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, tomato mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
"Made these for dinner last night and they were delicious. I followed the directions exactly and they turned out perfect. We all thought it was tasty and will definitely make these again. For those who say its not really scalloped potatoes because it doesn't have lots of sauce, not all scalloped potato recipes are the same. No, its not saucy, but that should be obvious from the recipe. In fact, scalloped potatoes have nothing to do with sauce, but instead a browned topping.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalloped_potatoes"
"Yummy! My only change was using herbs other than parsley because I didn't have fresh. I put in a few red potatoes because I didn't have seven cups of white potatoes and didn't peel them. We didn't find this recipe bland or dry at all. It tasted even better when I reheated the leftovers (microwave, then oven). My husband loved it!"
"Clara5050......scalloped referred to here. because there is cheese in this potato casserole,the scallops you are referring to is fish and not in this recipe...."
"We love scalloped potatoes so I tried this recipe. Way too dry will not make it again. I liked the idea of adding the sun dried tomatoes so will add those to my recipe. Don't waste your time or ingredients on this recipe."
"Where are the scallops in the recipe?"