Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, tomato mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
Clara5050......scalloped referred to here. because there is cheese in this potato casserole,
the scallops you are referring to is fish and not in this recipe....
We love scalloped potatoes so I tried this recipe. Way too dry will not make it again. I liked the idea of adding the sun dried tomatoes so will add those to my recipe. Don't waste your time or ingredients on this recipe.
Where are the scallops in the recipe?
My family loves sun-dried tomatoes - so it looked like the perfect dish. After the initial baking - even before uncovering it to bake an additional 15 minutes. The potatoes had absorbed all the liquid. The potatoes definitely needed more of a scalloped potato sauce - especially with the cheese. Unless I can think of a way to add a sauce of some kind - will not make again.
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious!