Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes
My family was tired of my traditional scalloped potatoes. So when I came across this recipe featuring a pesto and sun-dried tomato sauce, I knew I had to try it. I'm so glad I did...and so is my family!
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and
- process until blended. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of
- the potatoes, tomato mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth
- over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes
- longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 238 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium,