Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
My family was tired of my traditional scalloped potatoes. So when I came across this recipe featuring a pesto and sun-dried tomato sauce, I knew I had to try it. I'm so glad I did, and so is my family! —Jamie Milligan, Kimberley, British Columbia
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, tomato mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth over the top.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 238 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC