Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, tomato mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Scalloped Potatoes(2)
Sort By :
My family loves sun-dried tomatoes - so it looked like the perfect dish. After the initial baking - even before uncovering it to bake an additional 15 minutes. The potatoes had absorbed all the liquid. The potatoes definitely needed more of a scalloped potato sauce - especially with the cheese. Unless I can think of a way to add a sauce of some kind - will not make again.
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious!