Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun-dried tomato oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice: 121 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread
"Dense and fluffy bread. I really enjoyed. It looked like the photo.Tomato oil gave the bread a beautiful color."