Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread Recipe
This savory quick bread, which was passed down from my mother, is packed with great flavors. It not only goes well will soups and chowders, but makes a delicious accompaniment to beef and chicken entrees. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun-dried tomato oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC