Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe
- 1 jar (8-1/2 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- French bread baguette slices, toasted
- 1. In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in cheese. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Editor's Note: To use as a pasta sauce, combine 1/3 cup pesto and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss with hot cooked pasta.
2 tablespoons: 62 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.