Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Sun-dried tomatoes add rich, smoky flavor to always-pleasing pesto. For a main dish sauce, add 2 tablespoons olive oil for every 1/3 cup pesto and toss with hot pasta.—Catherine Chintala, Robbinsville, New Jersey
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 jar (8-1/2 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- French bread baguette slices, toasted
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in cheese.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Editor's Note: To use as a pasta sauce, combine 1/3 cup pesto and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss with hot cooked pasta.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without bread) equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.