Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe
- 1 jar (8-1/2 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- French bread baguette slices, toasted
- 1. In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in cheese. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without bread) equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.