Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
A jar of sun-dried tomatoes adds great color and flavor to this smooth dip that can be whipped up in minutes. Garlic and red pepper flakes nicely spice up this snack spread. —Todd Schmeling, Gurnee, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Baked pita chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, combine the beans, tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Place in a serving bowl; sprinkle with basil if desired. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC