- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Baked pita chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the beans, tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Place in a serving bowl; sprinkle with basil if desired. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Sort By :
"Great recipe! Thanks Todd!"
"One of the yummiest types of hummus I've ever tasted!~ Theresa"
"Sun dried tomatoes are overkill, way too strong a flavor for me."
"This recipe makes a big batch. Overall, I liked it a lot, but I next time I might experiment with a bit more salt or something for a bit more flavor."
"Yummy, yummy, yummy! I left out the red pepper flakes since my friend doesn't like it hot. I'll make this again, and again!"