Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wine or broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in basil.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread each with 1/4 cup tomato mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Crumble goat cheese over tomato mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with a toothpick or small metal skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon pan juices over chicken and remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
Sort By :
"My family loved this recipe.... Everyone wanted seconds!"
"I made this last night and it was great! I used thin sliced chicken breasts and flattened them out (reduced bake time to 30 min). I also substituted feta for goat cheese. They tasted like something you would get at a restaurant! Note: With the thin chicken breasts they are smaller so hungry eaters will probably eat 2!"