Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Biscuits Recipe
On busy weeknights, I whip up these biscuits-especially when we're eating Italian. By the time the pasta's done cooking, they're golden brown and ready to serve. —Lisa Huff, Clive, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheeses, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir in buttermilk and tomatoes just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC