Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Balls Recipe
Your party will heat up once these bacon-coated mini cheese balls are on the table. Nicely spiced with red pepper flakes, they’re just the right size for nibbling.—Pamela Stepp, Dandridge, Tennessee
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- 2. Place bacon into a small shallow dish; roll cheese balls in bacon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 mini cheese ball (calculated without crackers) equals 96 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC