Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Balls Recipe
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- 2. Place bacon into a small shallow dish; roll cheese balls in bacon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 96 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Balls
"Very tasty Recipe. I did make as directed and made small balls. I used a Tsp as a measure. Next time I'd make one large ball. Recipe can easily be halved.Chilled Cheese before forming. Less fat cream cheese would work very well."
"These are awesome. Instead of small balls, I make one big one and serve it with crackers. A crowd pleaser"
"Delicious!!! I divided the mixture in half and made two medium cheese balls instead of 1-1/4-inch cheese balls."
"bacon gives it a nice touch."
"I usually make this as one cheese ball; use a mixer to beat the cream cheese add remaining ingrediants then finely chop the bacon and roll the ball in the bacon to cover the ball."