Your party will heat up once these bacon-coated mini cheese balls are on the table. Nicely spiced with red pepper flakes, they’re just the right size for nibbling.—Pamela Stepp, Dandridge, Tennessee
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- Place bacon into a small shallow dish; roll cheese balls in bacon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Balls in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p21
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review