- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- Place bacon into a small shallow dish; roll cheese balls in bacon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Balls
Sort By :
Very tasty Recipe. I did make as directed and made small balls. I used a Tsp as a measure. Next time I'd make one large ball. Recipe can easily be halved.
Chilled Cheese before forming. Less fat cream cheese would work very well.
These are awesome. Instead of small balls, I make one big one and serve it with crackers. A crowd pleaser
Delicious!!! I divided the mixture in half and made two medium cheese balls instead of 1-1/4-inch cheese balls.
bacon gives it a nice touch.
I usually make this as one cheese ball; use a mixer to beat the cream cheese add remaining ingrediants then finely chop the bacon and roll the ball in the bacon to cover the ball.