My fiance and I really like Greek food and flavors. I made a meatloaf similar to this once but changed it up into burgers for a fun option when the weather gets warm.—Melissa Obernesser, Utica, New York
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup chopped water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, pesto and Greek seasoning. Add turkey and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with sour cream mixture, artichoke hearts and peppers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers in Country Woman February/March 2016
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review