- dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add tomato mixture,
- egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining
- flour to form a soft dough. Knead on a floured surface until smooth,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray; turn
- once to coat top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add the basil, Parmesan and oil.
- Keep warm. Punch dough down; divide into three portions. Shape each
- into an 18-in. rope.
- Brush with half of herb butter. Place ropes on a baking sheet coated
- with cooking spray; braid and shape into a wreath. Pinch ends to
- seal. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Brush with remaining herb butter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.