Summertime Yogurt Salad
Vanilla yogurt, with a touch of ginger and lime, coats the colorful summer fruits in this cool-tasting salad from our Test Kitchen home economists. For variety, try substituting other fruits of the season.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a bowl, combine the fruit. In another bowl, combine the yogurt,
- lime juice, peel and ginger. Pour over fruit and stir gently to
- coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.