My crazy good salad has cherry tomatoes, squash and blueberries together in one bowl. Then I layer on the flavor with fresh corn, red onion and mint. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes (about 6 cups), halved
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add corn; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove corn and immediately drop into ice water to cool; drain well.
- Cut corn from cobs and place in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 30 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Tomato Salad in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications Annual 2015
Reviews for Summertime Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review