Looking for a savory summer salad? The combination of tomatoes, cantaloupe, avocado and greens sings with freshness and health.—Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 4 cups small baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, cubed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch watercress, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- CORIANDER-LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, cantaloupe, cheese, avocado, watercress, basil and onion.
- In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast coriander seeds until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle; coarsely grind.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, lime peel, salt, pepper and coriander. Pour over tomato mixture and gently toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Summertime Tomato-Melon Salad in Country Woman August/September 2012, p37
Reviews for Summertime Tomato-Melon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review