Summertime Tea Recipe
- 14 cups water, divided
- 6 individual black tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup tequila, optional
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon or lime slices, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- 2. Stir in the sugar, concentrates and remaining water. Add tequila if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup (calculated without tequila, mint and lemon): 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (26g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Summertime Tea
"Family enjoyed this refreshing tea."
"A fun recipe for a hot day! I cut sugar in half (otherwise it is overwhelmingly sweet!) and and bump up the tequila to 1.5cups. Delicious!"
"We used 2-1/2 cups of tequila and left everything else the same. Delish!!!"
"I agree with the others in that this recipe does not pack much of a punch for cocktail hour but it tastes great!"
"Wow....is all I can say! A co-worker told us about this recipe, and without a doubt I knew I needed to try it."
"I loved this refreshing drink, however, next time I will add more Tequila. My friends and I could hardly taste or tell that there was alcohol in it at all. If you just want something light to serve to a lot of people make it as is. If you want something with a little more kick, as I did, double the spirits."
"So refreshing! I added 3 c. tequila to this variation on Texas T to give it more of a kick. It was a hit at our dinner party."
"We have been in a major heat wave. I made this today and took it to a pool party. Everyone loved it - extremely refreshing and delicious!"