Summertime Tea Recipe
You can’t have a summer gathering around here without this sweet tea to cool you down. It’s wonderful for sipping while basking by the pool.—Angela Lively, Baxter, Tennessee
- 14 cups water, divided
- 6 individual black tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup tequila, optional
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon or lime slices, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- 2. Stir in the sugar, concentrates and remaining water. Add tequila if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup (calculated without tequila) equals 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Summertime Tea
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC