- 14 cups water, divided
- 6 individual black tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup tequila, optional
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon or lime slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Stir in the sugar, concentrates and remaining water. Add tequila if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Summertime Tea
"Family enjoyed this refreshing tea."
"A fun recipe for a hot day! I cut sugar in half (otherwise it is overwhelmingly sweet!) and and bump up the tequila to 1.5cups. Delicious!"
"We used 2-1/2 cups of tequila and left everything else the same. Delish!!!"
"I agree with the others in that this recipe does not pack much of a punch for cocktail hour but it tastes great!"
"Wow....is all I can say! A co-worker told us about this recipe, and without a doubt I knew I needed to try it."