- 14 cups water, divided
- 6 individual black tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup tequila, optional
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon or lime slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Stir in the sugar, concentrates and remaining water. Add tequila if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Summertime Tea
Sort By :
Family enjoyed this refreshing tea.
A fun recipe for a hot day! I cut sugar in half (otherwise it is overwhelmingly sweet!) and and bump up the tequila to 1.5cups. Delicious!
We used 2-1/2 cups of tequila and left everything else the same. Delish!!!
I agree with the others in that this recipe does not pack much of a punch for cocktail hour but it tastes great!
Wow....is all I can say! A co-worker told us about this recipe, and without a doubt I knew I needed to try it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Lemonade >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >