- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and red pepper in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Squash in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p46
Reviews for Summertime Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"This looks great, I will probably substitute lower fat margarine and oil since I'm watching my intake.Thanks"