Summertime Squash Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and red pepper in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Summertime Squash
"I made this tonight as a side dish with chicken and baked potatoes. This was delicious, of course I added more garlic and fresh basil from my herb garden and decreased the fat content by using pam spray. I will definitely be adding this to my summer time favorites."
"This looks great, I will probably substitute lower fat margarine and oil since I'm watching my intake.Thanks"