Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups fresh peach chunks (about 2 peaches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, fruit, celery, almonds and onion. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup (just enough to moisten) over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill salad and leftover dressing for several hours. Add remaining dressing just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 517 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.