Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing Recipe
There's nothing like fresh fruit to keep you cool in the summer hear. My family is delighted whenever I serve this refreshing salad. It's also a hit at potlucks.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups fresh peach chunks (about 2 peaches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, fruit, celery, almonds and onion. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup (just enough to moisten) over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill salad and leftover dressing for several hours. Add remaining dressing just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summertime Salad with Honey Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >