This salad comes together quickly and combines the flavors of fruit with Asian ingredients. Many friends and family members have commented on this salad's unique flavors.—Cheryl DeVecchis, Glassboro, New Jersey
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 apricots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium peach, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in oil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricots, peach, onions, almonds, ginger, cilantro, coriander, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Add to orzo and stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Orzo Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p218
Reviews for Summertime Orzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review