This easy-as-can-be main dish is likely to become a summer staple at your house. It’s that good! If you prefer, grill the chicken breasts instead of cooking in a skillet. —Fran MacMillan, West Melbourne, Florida
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, parsley and chicken. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Orzo & Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summertime Orzo & Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review