- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, parsley and chicken. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summertime Orzo & Chicken
"Liked this a lot...put it on a wrap for lunch. It does make quite a bit so if you're on your own might want to adjust ingredients to make less."
"Used pepper jack cheese and extra lemon juice. Spun the dressing in the blender and it was delish. Will make this again and again."
"I had to replace the feta with mozzarella b/c my DH doesn't like Feta so maybe that's why it didn't have much flavor. It definitely needs to be made a day ahead so the flavors can meld."
"Wonderful! This recipe has become one of my family staples. Great as leftovers."
"I have made this several times, and with different variations, such as using a different pasta, with or without chicken, doubling or tripling the lemon and oil mixture, adding minced or crushed garlic to the mixture, and using sea salt. It was a hit at a recent potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. It is a wonderful recipe and can be fit to appeal to your own tastes. Very versatile and I highly recommend it to anyone needing something different."