- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, parsley and chicken. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summertime Orzo & Chicken
Sort By :
Used pepper jack cheese and extra lemon juice. Spun the dressing in the blender and it was delish. Will make this again and again.
I had to replace the feta with mozzarella b/c my DH doesn't like Feta so maybe that's why it didn't have much flavor. It definitely needs to be made a day ahead so the flavors can meld.
Wonderful! This recipe has become one of my family staples. Great as leftovers.
I have made this several times, and with different variations, such as using a different pasta, with or without chicken, doubling or tripling the lemon and oil mixture, adding minced or crushed garlic to the mixture, and using sea salt. It was a hit at a recent potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. It is a wonderful recipe and can be fit to appeal to your own tastes. Very versatile and I highly recommend it to anyone needing something different.
This was quick to make and even better than I thought it would be. I cooked the onions with the chicken because I don't like raw onions, and left out the feta. I'll definitely make it again.