Summertime Melon Salad Recipe
Fun and refreshing, this simple salad is the essence of summer served up in a melon half and dressed with a tangy citrus sauce. Lovely! —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1-1/2 cups honeydew balls
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 medium cantaloupe melons, halved and seeded
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate and orange marmalade; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Spoon into cantaloupe halves. Garnish with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 264 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC