Summertime Fruit Trifles Recipe
Eye-catching trifles are easy to prepare when you use purchased pound cake, instant pudding and frozen whipped topping. Letting guests assemble their own makes it fun—and saves you time!—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour; stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the orange juice, butter and orange peel. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In large bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. In another bowl, combine peaches and berries.
- 4. In individual parfait glasses, layer cake cubes, pineapple mixture and berry mixture; top with custard. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 367 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Summertime Fruit Trifles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC