Summertime Fruit Tea
Pineapple-orange juice gives ordinary iced tea a refreshing citrus flavor. It never lasts long, so I keep plenty of these ingredients on hand.
Rosalee Dixon, Sardis, Mississippi
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 cups water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 9 individual tea bags
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a Dutch oven, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Stir in sugar until
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Steep for 5-8
- minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in juice concentrates and remaining
- water. Serve over ice.
- Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.