Summertime Fruit Cones Recipe
- 2 medium nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup whole small fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 ice cream waffle cones
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the nectarines, whole strawberries and blueberries. In another bowl, combine the mashed strawberries, ginger and cinnamon. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Fill each waffle cone with 1/4 cup fruit mixture; top with 2 tablespoons whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 filled cone: 162 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.