Summertime Fruit Cones
Here's a simple summer dessert that appeals to both kids and adults. You can also assemble this in parfait glasses.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup whole small fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 ice cream waffle cones
- In a small bowl, combine the nectarines, whole strawberries and
- blueberries. In another bowl, combine the mashed strawberries,
- ginger and cinnamon. Fold in whipped topping.
- Fill each waffle cone with 1/4 cup fruit mixture; top with 2
- tablespoons whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled cone equals 162 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.