Summertime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches) or taco shells, warmed
- Toppings of your choice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into thin strips; serve in tortilla or taco shells with desired toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 338 calories, 12g fat (0g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Summertime Chicken Tacos
"Delicious! And even quicker with some slight changes. Here's what I did differently: Mix marinade in medium size bowl. Cut chicken into very thin strips, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Stir chicken into marinade, cover bowl, and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes. When ready to cook, heat skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, use slotted spoon (to drain off the marinade) to add chicken to the skillet. Spread evenly in skillet and cook without stirring for one minute. Then continue cooking, stirring frequently until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Cutting the chicken very thin allows the chicken to cook quickly, and absorb more of the marinade throughout each piece. Plus they make nice thin pieces for the tacos."
"This is always a huge hit with my family. I usually pair it with the black bean dip reipe as a side and it makes a wonderful summer lunch or dinner."
"so easy! and yummy!"
"This is by far the best flavored chicken I have ever had. I have very picky eaters in my house and they loved everything about this meal. Thanks so much for sharing this."
"My husband and I loved this one! A great light alternative to beef tacos!"
"These tacos are amazing, the marinade for the chicken is absolutely delicious! I use the same marinade for my fajitas too. SO GOOD!"
"this is my fav grilling recipe i wouldnt change a thing everyone loves it."
"We've been using this recipe for a couple of years. We love tacos and the chicken is different than the usual beef in tacos. It is so easy to put together the ingredients for the marinade. I'm looking forward to using this recipe again at our summer cookouts!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.