Try these tempting tacos when you're looking for a change of pace from regular tacos. A mild zing from the lime juice in the marinade for the chicken comes through after grilling. I like to serve them with salsa, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. -Susan Scott, Asheville, North Carolina
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches) or taco shells, warmed
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into thin strips; serve in tortilla or taco shells with desired toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Summertime Chicken Tacos in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summertime Chicken Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review