- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches) or taco shells, warmed
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into thin strips; serve in tortilla or taco shells with desired toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summertime Chicken Tacos
Sort By :
"This is always a huge hit with my family. I usually pair it with the black bean dip reipe as a side and it makes a wonderful summer lunch or dinner."
"so easy! and yummy!"
"This is by far the best flavored chicken I have ever had. I have very picky eaters in my house and they loved everything about this meal. Thanks so much for sharing this."
"My husband and I loved this one! A great light alternative to beef tacos!"
"These tacos are amazing, the marinade for the chicken is absolutely delicious! I use the same marinade for my fajitas too. SO GOOD!"