Summertime Barbecue Sauce Recipe
"When my daughter was seven, she would come home from school and eat this sauce by the spoonfuls. Company loves it, too, on pork chops or ribs. Every time I make it, someone asks for the recipe!" states Diane Shipley, Painesville, Ohio.
- 4 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1-1/3 cups lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cool. Transfer to storage containers; cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Summertime Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p39
Reviews for Summertime Barbecue Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review